04/11/2014 :: Intermediate Architect
Workshop Design + Architecture, PLLC is looking for an Intermediate 'architect' with 3-5 years of full-time working experience to work on high-end residential, multi-family, entertainment and commercial projects. We are looking for hard-working, dedicated, and self-reliant candidates that are interested in participating in all aspects of the design & documentation process.
Candidate must have the following abilities and qualifications:
- Design & problem solving.
- Product research & basic understanding of materials.
- Modeling & Rendering (Revit/Sketchup/3ds Max/ Vray/ Photoshop).
- Contract Documentation (Revit only).
- Presentation (Powerpoint/ InDesign).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent spoken & written English.
- B. Arch or greater.
Revit working experience a must - you need to demonstrate a high level of skill utilizing Revit for design and documentation, please include samples in your portfolio. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship and should be available to start immediately. Those meeting the above qualifications should send a cover letter, CV, and work samples in a single PDF (max 4MB) to email
- please include "Intermediate Architect" in the subject line.
No phone inquiries, please.
04/11/2014 :: Intermediate Designer
L+V architects, inc., an architectural firm located in West Los Angeles, is seeking an intermediate designer with 4-7 years experience. We are looking for a highly motivated individual able to take on responsibility and multi-task, in a studio type dead-line driven environment.
The applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree from an accredited university.
- Min. 4 years of architectural experience in US.
- Must be knowledgeable with building and zoning codes in the greater LA area.
- Construction detailing and document standards.
- Project management experience is a plus.
Equipment and software experience:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft office.
Vital job functions:
- Detail and draft in AutoCAD program.
- Assemble design and construction documents.
- Coordinate drawings with consultants plans and specifications.
- Complete and incorporate plan check submittals.
- Physical and 3D modeling.
- Computer based rendering.
Candidate will be responsible for preparing quality design drawings as directed, construction documents ready for submittal to city/county agencies and for construction, 3D models using Sketchup.
Candidate will work under the direct supervision of Principals and Project Managers. It is essential that the candidate has the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment. The candidate will be expected to have well developed time-management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks independently.
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or have permanent residence status.
Please forward the following information to email
- Letter of intent.
- A resume.
- Work samples in PDF not to exceed 9MB.
- Please include in the subject line of your e-mail your name (Last, First) and “L+V Job opportunity 3”.
04/11/2014 :: Architect
Our client is a large Architectural Practice in the West Midlands, specialising in large residential villages and commercial properties. They have had a fantastic 2014 and have gone through sustained growth in all areas of the business. There is now a fantastic opportunity for a fully qualified Part 3 Architect to join this successful practice and help to move the business forward.
This role is for a fully qualified architect with up to 3 years post qualification industry experience, and is a design focused position. You will be assisting in creating fantastic CAD drawings for client presentations and to assist in winning more work in the future. These will be mostly 3D drawings and will need to be of a very high standard. You will be expected to have enough technical knowledge and skill to assist with detail work on any project that requires it.
The ideal candidate will be absolutely proficient with SketchUp and Photoshop and must have an ability to enhance a 3D design image to a high quality. A working knowledge of AutoCAD is important as assistance will be required with working drawings, although the priority for this role is 3D design enhancement. Work must be shown within a portfolio demonstrating a high level of design skill, and salary will be negotiable based on ability and experience.
The company are looking for hard working, ambitious members of staff. There is plenty of scope for progression within this role and career development will be a top priority. This is a fantastic opportunity for any newly qualified Architect, or an Architect looking to take the next step in their career who is looking for a role working with 3D design in the West Midlands. If you are interested in this role, and feel that you fit the criteria necessary then please don't hesitate to get in touch ASAP. Call Joseph Aston on 0121 236 6160 at our Birmingham office today, or email
£30,000 - £37,000 per annum depending on experience.
04/11/2014 :: Project Architect
Lower East Side architecture and development firm seeking a full-time Project Architect for a prominent hotel restoration in New York City and a myriad of high-profile projects. The candidate must have at least 5 years of relevant experience as a Project Architect, advanced knowledge of building construction and extensive design knowledge. Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively lead a team are essential.
- Professional degree in architecture and 5+ years of relevant experience as a Project Architect.
- Strong technical abilities (AutoCAD required, VectorWorks preferred) with a creative mindset.
- Extensive knowledge of building construction, construction documents + detailing.
- Knowledge of NYC building codes, A.D.A laws, and construction standards.
- Proven leadership, time-management, coordination and organizational skills.
Please send work samples along with a resume and cover letter, including technical skills and start date, as one file (not to exceed 5MB) with the title "Project Architect" in the subject line to email
03/11/2014 :: Mid-Level Designer
Murphy Burnham & Buttrick is a design focused architecture practice based in New York City that does a broad range of residential, educational and civic work. We are looking for an individual with an advanced degree in architecture, exceptional design skills and a minimum of four years post graduate experience. Revit/BIM a plus. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Please send a letter of interest, your resume and a pdf of work samples (maximum of ten pages) to Maricela Salas at email