30/11/2015 :: Designer
Steinberg is an international award-winning architecture, urban planning, and interior design firm with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose and Shanghai, China. Steinberg’s Los Angeles, California office is seeking a talented Designer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in residential, civic and educational projects.
Under general guidance, responsible for development of project elements into functional plans, elevations and sections consistent with project scope, and managing own time consistent with project schedule.
Candidate must have excellent verbal and graphic communication skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings.
- Translation of hand sketches into AutoCAD designs, detail development, physical and virtual model making, drawing layout for Schematic Design and Design Development, and picking up redlines on Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Assisting and compiling project documents associated with Construction Document production.
- Preparation and production of meeting material; product and material research.
- Maintaining product binders, project binder and project files.
- Provide administrative assistance to team and participation in design reviews and team meetings.
- Resolve complex technical and design issues.
- Under general direction, interface with consultants and external resources.
- Understandings the composition requirements of working drawings.
- Degree in Architecture, related field or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong 3D visualization skills are required.
- Basic understanding of the arrangement of working drawings, as well as structural, mechanical and electrical systems.
Proficiency in all relevant computer software:
- AutoCAD 2014 or later.
- Microsoft Office.
- Modeling: SketchUp or Rhino preferred.
- Rendering: 3D Studio Max or Maxwell Render preferred.
- Building Information Modeling: Revit (preferred).
Reference in email subject line: Designer LA Office.
To apply, please send your resume to Denise Williams
Steinberg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
30/11/2015 :: Junior Architect
Shigeru Ban Architects is a growing, critically-acclaimed global practice with offices based in Tokyo, Paris and New York. The position we are seeking to fill is in the New York Office. Work experience in the United States is required for this position. To meet our schedule, qualified candidates must currently be available for interviews in New York City. We are seeking to hire for the start of the new year.
We seek a Junior Architect with a minimum of 2 years continuous work experience in a professional architecture practice (summer internships not considered "continuous work experience"). Candidates must have exceptional design and presentation skills.
We work with physical as well as virtual models.
Applicants shall have experience:
- Organizing sets of presentation documents.
- Producing construction documents including plans, sections and details.
- Detailing innovative conditions.
- Working collaboratively with small fast-paced teams.
- Working on projects that have been built.
- Managing time independently to meet deadlines.
The ideal candidate will be proactive with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Fluent English is required.
Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture is required.
Software requirements: Proficiency with Rhino modeling and rendering, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Professional work experience with Revit is strongly recommended. Rapid Prototyping experience is a plus.
For consideration, please send "a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email.
Include "Junior Architect 2- 4" in the subject line of the email.
Send letter, resume, references and work samples including design drawings and models, in a linked PDF (Max 6MB). Web links will not be considered.
Please include salary requirements and availability. Applications without discussion of salary requirements will not be reviewed.
Please respond only if you meet the above requirements and all requested information is provided. Please do not e-mail or call the office as we are unable to respond to inquiries due to the number of applications received.
30/11/2015 :: Architect
Leicester based architects rg+p is one of the largest and most successful multidisciplinary Architectural Design, Project Management and Quantity Surveying practices in the Midlands and London. We offer an unrivalled range of supporting professional services including Landscape Architecture, Planning Services, HQI Assessment, Employer’s Agent, Project Coordination, Partnering Facilitation and Party Wall Surveying. We are currently recruiting for an Architect.
The candidate is required to have:
- Arb registration.
- Project running capability.
- Experience and interest in designing affordable and private housing in the UK.
- Knowledge and understanding of UK planning policy.
- Good comprehension of the UK Building Regulations.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Good ArchiCAD skills or an ability to learn new software quickly.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & InDesign.
- The initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong design skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Rg+p is an equal opportunities employer.
If you feel you are a strong candidate for this position, please send your CV and some examples of your work to email
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th December 2015.
30/11/2015 :: Project Architect
McGraw Bagnoli Architects, an eight-person design firm located in Washington, DC, is seeking to hire a Project Architect to join our team beginning in summer, 2015. The firm is dedicated to pursuing a range of project types and provides complete professional services in the fields of architecture, campus and community planning, and urban design.
Successful applicants will demonstrate strong design and graphic production skills, and should be interested in obtaining a range of project experience from conceptual design through construction administration. Candidates must be detail oriented, efficient, and adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities. Designers are expected to be critical and creative thinkers who work well as part of a team.
Skills and qualifications:
Candidates may be asked to assist with various tasks including but not limited to:
- Assisting a Principal in conveying to a Project Team the goals & objectives of a Project.
- Participating in the architectural design process and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client or for agency approval.
- Documenting existing structures and generating as-built drawings as may be required.
- Leading design studies, layouts, massing, elevations, and other design related duties in coordination with the Design Principal.
- Overseeing the development of computer and/or physical models to illustrate design concepts as may be required.
- Overseeing the development of AutoCAD or Revit models at various phases of the design process.
- Performing building and zoning code analysis as may be required.
- Streamlining the architectural design process from conceptual design through overall completion of projects.
- Coordinating with required design consultants.
- Providing Construction Administration support as needed for the execution and completion of a project design.
- Architectural experience of 4-6 years, registration preferred.
All candidates interested should forward their resume and work samples / portfolio (up to 10MB total) in PDF format to email
. Please direct any questions to the aforementioned email.
MBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
30/11/2015 :: Interior Designer
A-Ratis – a leading HR consulting organization. Aratis is primarily into resourcing for senior and middle level management. Our strength lies in resourcing for Information Technology, Pharmaceutical, Telecom, Electronic, engineering and Construction Industry.
Working as Junior Architect / Interior Designer with one of the leading Outsourcing Company, Drafting and Designing of prescribed interior design as per need of client, reporting to Project Manager.
Working in Interior designing projects.
- Diploma - Architecture.
- Post Graduation not required.
- Any doctorate - any specialization, doctorate not required.
- 2 or 3 Years Diploma (Arch) or B.Sc (Interior Designing.
- Should have very good working exp preferably in Hospitality Projects.
- Excellent in 2D and AutoCAD.
- Exp from Interior designing projects must.
- Should have very good communication skill.