21/11/2014 :: Project Architect / Urban Designer
The studio at Dror has been working on a series of large-scale masterplan and landscape projects, and is now seeking an energetic and experienced Project Architect / Urban Designer to join our team. The candidate must exhibit an understanding of planning and urban design, and have at least 5 years of experience in the development of full sets of architectural drawings and specifications. The focus of the work will be designing, detailing, and administering large-scale projects - requiring an individual with proven design talent, knowledge of how projects are built, ability to manage a project, and whose vision is in line with Dror’s aesthetic and conceptual approach.
Requirements, skills, & qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in urban design and planning. Experience in landscape design is a plus.
- Strong design sensibility, rendering skills, and model-making skills.
- Experience in coordinating and assembling detailed and thorough drawing packages from Conceptual through Construction Administration phases.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and a passion for creative thinking.
- Comfort in working independently; demonstrates fluency and professionalism in dealing and collaborating with a variety of high-end clients, consultants, and vendors.
- Proficiency in CAD, Rhino, Revit, and Adobe is required; SketchUp, Keyshot, 3D Studio Max and knowledge of parametric software is a plus.
- Professional degree in one of the following fields: Urban Design, Architecture, or Landscape Design
Dror is an idea-driven studio working at the intersection of art, design, and architecture. Based in New York City, the studio consists of an international staff of architects, designers and artists committed to pushing the boundaries of their respective fields. The studio’s evocative work arises from the interplay of these diverse disciplinary backgrounds.
Send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email
with 'PROJECT ARCHITECT' in the subject field.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Other benefits include insurance coverage, 401k, and paid vacation.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Please do not send emails larger than 8 mb.
Please do not mail hard copies or original portfolios.
Phone calls are discouraged.
21/11/2014 :: Intermediate to Senior Designer
AC Martin is an innovative, award winning architecture and interior design firm located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. Having recently been awarded several new projects, we now have a great opportunity for highly talented, motivated, creative individuals with a sense of humor to be contributing members of our design culture. Be part of an innovative and collaborative design team working on a variety of building types including mid to large scale commercial, educational, hospitality, and government buildings.
We are looking for an architect who has an interest in excelling in all aspects of professional practice from design through construction administration, project management and business development. Ideally this position will ultimately evolve into a leadership role for the Special Services Group, a small studio within AC Martin, which provides design, documentation and construction administration services for a wide array of clients and project types. This position is available immediately.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- The ability to lead a design team including consultants, and work directly with clients in a project leadership role.
- The ability to design, detail and coordinate a set of project documents through all phases including systems coordination with specifications.
- The ability to multi-task on multiple projects of varying scales.
- Experience and success in client, regulatory agency, and consultant relations.
- Experience on construction administration for small projects.
- Bachelor of Architecture & minimum of 8 to 10 years experience.
- Possess basic hand drafting/communication skills.
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Residence near Los Angeles & must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. Advanced design, visual and graphic presentation skills.
- Experience in educational, hospitality and government building types, experience with interior design as an adjunct to significant building design experience.
- Proficiency with 3D modeling and visualization software (Rhino, and Viz).
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software required.
- Architectural license.
- LEED Accreditation.
We offer a work environment where professional growth is encouraged. This opportunity is accompanied by an excellent compensation and benefits package which includes company paid group medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, AD&D, LTD, company paid parking, 401(k) plan with matching, holiday shutdown, and an alternative schedule of 40 hours based on a 4-1/2 day workweek.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume + samples of your work to email
21/11/2014 :: Recently Qualified Architect
We are an established Chartered Practice with a variety of diverse and interesting projects.
Due to our expanding workload we have an immediate requirement for a Part 2 or recently Qualified Architect to join our small friendly team.
The ideal candidate must be:
- Excellent design skills and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and interested in developing their technical understanding of architecture.
- Must be proficient in using AutoCAD LT, Adobe Photoshop and Revit in conjunction with Sketch-Up Pro.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are essential.
- Have a working of UK Building Regulations.
Please send your CV with a covering letter, stating your availability and salary expectations and samples of your work (in PDF format) by email
Deadline for applications - Monday 1st December 2014
Strictly no agencies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
21/11/2014 :: Architects
Meyer & Meyer, Inc. is an award winning architecture and interior design firm with a strong focus on fine, custom residential homes. We are currently seeking project managers with 5-10 years of experience and knowledgeable in REVIT, and architects with 1-4 years of experience and knowledgeable in REVIT. Room for professional growth.
21/11/2014 :: Project Architect
Busy, growing design focused practice in Basingstoke is looking for an experienced Project Architect to join the team. You will be working an on housing, commercial, mixed use, and education projects. Working across all RIBA stages you will have both excellent design as well as technical knowledge and be able to deliver projects with limited supervision. Working in a highly creative team orientated environment there is every opportunity for continued professional development! Excellent work /life balance alongside good benefits are on offer!
- ARB/RIBA Registered Architect with UK experience.
- Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential sector experience preferred.
- Experience of working directly with the client, contractor and design team.
– An aptitude for Vectorworks would be an advantage and sound 3D graphic representation skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of Building Systems, Regulations and construction types.