28/11/2014 :: Junior Architectural Designer
SCARPIDIS design is a small downtown New York based multidisciplinary design firm fusing architecture, interior design, furniture design, lighting design and art into one bespoke experience thoughtfully crafted around our clients’ dreams. We are currently seeking to hire a junior architectural designer in NY.
This position works closely with our senior designer as a supporting staff member in performing professional services and producing deliverables for high end residential and commercial work in NY and Mexico City for the first three months that then transitions into a project management position. The responsibilities would include developing designs, drafting, elevation renderings, mood boards, CAD drawings, materials and furniture sourcing as well as to maintain project documentation.
Qualifications and skills:
- Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design degree required with up to two years’ experience at an architecture or interior design firm, with related high end residential work.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite required.
- An important aspect of this position is having a discerning eye for design. Interest in and knowledge of residential design is preferred.
- A range of conceptual and technical design skill sets yet with a strong tendency towards design and conceptualization.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
US citizens only.
The ideal candidate will be team oriented and an excellent communicator, self-motivated, and comfortable in a collaborative and dynamic work environment. Construction document experience is a preferred but not required. Please note what type of experience you have.
An immediate to two week start date would be required. If this pertains to you please email
us with your cover letter (including preferred salary), resume and portfolio as one PDF. Please note that only emails with a file size no greater than ten 10MB will be reviewed.
28/11/2014 :: Junior / Intermediate Architect
A small growing office is seeking a full-time junior or intermediate architect to develop construction documents and assist with construction administration for corporate office and fitness club projects across the east coast. Work-from-home arrangements are ideal, so applicants should be responsible, and able to work independently with minimal direction. Some day-trip travel would also be required.
- Architecture degree with minimum 3-7 years experience in a professional environment developing construction documents and overseeing construction administration. Construction experience with commercial interiors is required.
- CAD competency. 3D skills in CAD/Max/Vray or Revit are a plus but not required.
- Ability to conduct site surveying and input survey into CAD plans.
- Development of full construction/filing sets including, construction plans, lighting plans, power/data plans, elevation drawings, door details, millwork details, and schedules.
Applicants should respond with the following:
- Your resume and work samples, including any samples demonstrating construction document / construction administration experience.
- Your hourly rate, and general availability including possible start date.
Please, no calls about this position.
28/11/2014 :: Architect
This small and well established practice specializes in very high-end full refurbishments, for private high profile clients and our own property developments.
The candidate will need extensive experience from the early design development stages and on-site project management stage (please note we have in house construction company as well as design company).
We are looking for an Architect, who will be involved with all three services we provide: Design, Project Management and Construction. Thorough knowledge of Building Regulations and five years ‘hands on’ working experience as an architect in the UK is essential. The job offered is office based with daily construction site visits.
We would like for the employment to start in February 2014.
We list below shows the main duties:
- Support Head Designer with Concept Designs.
- To liaise with Local Authorities in regards to listed building, planning, etc.
- To liaise with Managing Agents and Surveyors for all necessary requirements for Licenses To Alter.
- Coordination with all appointed parties is required, including being actively involved with structural engineer matters including conveying of all structural details to the site manager. The monitoring of the structural implementation is also required.
- To prepare documents from presentation stage to tender package including: General arrangement plans, detailed architectural plans, detailed elevations (1:20), component drawings, (1:10/1:20/1:50) and joinery drawings (1:2/1:5/1:10).
- Solid knowledge of VectorWorks 2D ad 3D is required.
- Knowledge of Rhino 5 would be helpful.
- Client liaison when necessary.
- Keeping drawings revisions updated and well organized for all relevant parties.
- To liase with suppliers on the technical side of the orders.
- Its important to have a practical & lateral thinking approach for both design and construction.
- Good knowledge of building regulations is necessary. The specification of building materials and methods of construction will be required.
- Snagging process on site to keep quality control. Liaise with site manager to minimize room for error and ensure that the construction is accurate. Keep photographic record of all phases of construction.
28/11/2014 :: Intermediate Architect / Designer
Allied Works Architecture is a 45-person practice with offices in New York City and Portland, Oregon. Current projects include international cultural, academic, corporate, and residential work. Allied Works is seeking exceptional Intermediate Architects/Designers for immediate employment in a demanding and collaborative office environment in the Portland office. Considered applicants must have:
- BArch or MArch degree from an accredited university.
- 5-8 years of professional work experience through all phases of design.
- Experience with ground up design and construction on institutional and cultural building types.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience detailing and executing construction documents with minimal supervision.
- Experience with consultant coordination.
- Ability to work within given deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a gracious disposition.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D drawing and modeling platforms (VectorWorks, Rhino, Revit, etc) and Adobe Creative Suites.
Salary is competitive and based on experience/skill level. Candidates must be able to start work immediately and must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa. All applicants who are not U.S. citizens must describe their status to work in the United States, including visa type and duration. Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required.
Please submit PDFs of your cover letter, CV, references, and works samples to email
. Please include "Intermediate Architect-PDX" in the email subject line. Please include salary requirements and indicate availability. Web links will not be accessed. Hard copies can be sent to:
Allied Works Architecture
1532 SW Morrison, 3rd Floor
Portland, OR 97205
Resumes submitted without work samples will not be considered and applications with only a reference to a website will not be considered. Due to the volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to respond to those we are interested in interviewing. No phone calls please.
28/11/2014 :: Intern Architectural Designer
Baskervill has an immediate has an immediate opportunity for a creative and talented architectural intern to work on Hospitality design projects.
Under the supervision of a licensed architect responsibilities include:
- Prepare program and schematic proposal, project layouts and develop design in 2D and 3D using AutoCAD/REVIT for client review/approval.
- Perform design computations, specifications, compiles data, and elementary architectural assignments.
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors.
- Review building codes to assure that design complies with the minimum legal standards.
- Assist in the constructions administration reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals.
- Prepare finish material sample boards, physical models and graphic presentations for client approval.
- B. Arch or M. Arch professional degree.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in ACAD, REVIT, Photoshop, & SketchUp required.
- The ideal candidate is a well-rounded individual capable of both conceptualizing a building’s design and developing construction documents for its implementation.
- LEED is preferred.
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment and have either experience in or interest in Hospitality Design please reply with Job#HSA-L214 to email
. If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Baskervill, Job#HSA-L214, PO Box 400, Richmond, VA 23218.
Baskervill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program.