27/08/2014 :: Project Architect
James Wagman Architect, an award-winning New York architecture firm, is seeking a talented, motivated architect with 2-3 years of professional experience, with a focus in green building practices, sustainability, and Passive House standards, to work with us on a freelance basis, with potential for this position to become full-time permanent. The work will consist of design and detailing of high end residential homes.
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Experience in detailing ground-up residential-single family new construction, and NYC high end residential apartments/ town.
- Experience working according to green building practices, sustainability, and Passive House standards.
- Experience organizing & assembling construction documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with consultants, clients, and contractors; experience coordinating work of consulting engineers.
- Strong communication, organizational and collaborative skills.
- General knowledge of building materials, construction techniques, etc.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and rigorous environment.
- Salary is competitive and based on experience/skill level.
No telephone calls or walk-ins, please.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume or curriculum vita and at least five (5) examples of the candidate's professional and academic architecture work to email
. Please take care to ensure that your emails do not exceed 5mbs in size.
27/08/2014 :: Junior Designer
Alloy is currently seeking a junior designer with 2 years of experience in drafting, visualization and model building skills for design oriented development projects. Applicants must demonstrate intellectual curiosity and refined, sophisticated design capacity. The applicant must be task/goal oriented and capable of operating independently and as part of a larger team to achieve time sensitive tasks on a daily basis. Professional fluency in Revit, Autocad, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is mandatory. Immediate availability and local presence required.
Please send resume and work samples to email
. Portfolios should be no larger than 5MB. Phone calls regarding this position will not be accepted or returned.
27/08/2014 :: Project Architect
- Developing concepts following Client briefing.
- Running own projects varying in size up to £5million.
- Responsible for implementing / overseeing presentation material for all stages of a project(s); including masterplans & feasibility plans / elevations.
- Implementing and overseeing of Production.
- Information and drawing packages relating to assigned project(s). Including scheduling when required.
- Taking ownership for the project and presenting to potential / existing clients.
- Extensive Project site presence through all project stages.
- Liaising with consultants and coordinating full design packages.
- Work with a team, delegating tasks and providing support to other designers.
- Directing and overseeing the site deliverance to completion.
- Participation in internal and external meetings related to project(s).
- Periodically coordinate / report to the management team on project progress.
- Working alongside internal/external 3D renderers to realise design concepts.
- Interior Design or Architecture degree (UK equivalent 3+2 years degree).
- A minimum of 5 years' professional experience, in commercial sector.
- Able to demonstrate experience of completed UK based projects in lead consultant position.
- Extensive technical experiences in construction techniques & bespoke detailing.
- Good knowledge of finishes and materials.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, working to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Planning approval process.
- Extensive knowledge of UK Building Regulations approval process.
- Confident to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Presentation skills and demonstrate confident client handling skills.
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and must be able to produce drawings under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Proficient using Vectorworks, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
Please send your CV and a PDF portfolio (no more than 5MB) to email
, along with a covering letter stating your salary expectations and availability before 28/09/2014.
No agencies please.
Due to the large volume of applications expected we are unable to respond to all enquiries.
Spacelab is an equal opportunities employer.
27/08/2014 :: Senior Designer
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Designer responsible for generating new concepts and fresh ideas on a variety of project types to meet client requirement to join our fast paced firm headquartered out of Vienna, VA. Consult with engineers and computer graphics artists in developing and presenting design concepts. Function as a conduit between conceptual design process and architectural implementation.
- Mentor and develop staff in professional demeanor, technical competence, team-building process improvements and client relations.
- Assist Design Director in fostering high morale and production efficiency through close contact with all personnel. Hold staff meetings on an on-going basis.
- Coach design employees a minimum of two hours per day, answer questions, recommend resources and guide the design process.
- Ensure clear information exchange procedures that affect overall project quality and performance.
- Monitor Designerís and Illustrators work to assure top-level performance and efficiency.
- Assist Design Director in establishing format, drawing assignments, deliverables and schedules.
- Bachelorís degree in Architecture.
- 10 + years in architectural design (5 yrs must be in Multi-family design).
- 3D graphic skills.
- Professional approach.
- Personnel and Project management.
- Working knowledge of allied design disciplines.
- Knowledge of professional ethics, as applied to architecture.
- Track record in successful design projects.
- Strong aesthetic sense and interest in the arts.
- Experience in Residential/Mixed-Use/Retail.
- AutoCAD 200x, Revit a plus, 3D Studio, Viz, Excel, Word.
27/08/2014 :: Project Architect
Award-winning international design practice who provide architecture, master planning and urban design services are seeking experienced Project Architects, ideally with excellent REVIT skills to join their professional and dynamic team to work directly with the Project Director and project team to develop, manage and control the design and construction of a variety of projects covering many business sectors including education, commercial, residential, hotel, leisure and mixed use projects. You will be working on large & small scale residential and mixed use projects so previous experience on this type of scheme is preferred.
- Public Sector, Mixed Use,l Education and Housing project experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbally and drawing.
- Experience of working directly with the client, contractor and design team.
- Experience of various forms of building contract (D&B, CM, Traditional).
- Ideally you will have excellent REVIT skills.
- Working knowledge of Project programming and delivery tools such as NBS Specification.
- Working knowledge of Building Systems, Regulations and construction types.
- Experience of working within a team effectively and delivering tight deadlines on time and on budget.
- Ability to cope with change e.g. to brief, programme or role.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
RIBA or ARB registered Architect with experience of working within the United Kingdom.
Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, be highly computer literate (REVIT), self-motivated and a clear thinker, alongside a strong team player who can work in a multi-disciplinary team and able to work to tight deadlines.