03/08/2015 :: Architectural Lighting Designer
HDLC Architectural Lighting Design is one of the most experienced and highly regarded firms in the architectural lighting industry. We are New York-based with Founding Principals in lighting design practice since 1961. The company continues in its tradition of providing architectural lighting design at a high level of design, service, and technical proficiency.
We are a collaborative and pro-active member of the architectural design team that works to integrate visually appropriate, impactful and technical lighting solutions into a project's total design. Our multi-disciplinary background has afforded us to successfully participate in a wide variety of project types.
We are seeking bright, self-driven and dedicated individuals to join our rapidly growing team. Previous experience in lighting design is not required, but is always a plus. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design and/or Lighting Design, and must meet the following requirements:
- Must have experience in Revit using the software on projects and/or in a professional office setting. Must understand not only how to model and navigate the software, but also have the initiative to work out solutions when it comes to troubleshooting.
- Full proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Office.
- Savvy with developing presentation packages; physical modeling skills for presentations and mock-ups also required.
- Be highly-attentive to detail, team-oriented and comfortable with multi-tasking as the candidate will be managed by a few project managers on a variety of projects.
- Must be able to take on extensive responsibility and deliver for tight, frequent deadlines, which also means staying late, post-7pm, when needed.
- Knowledge of AGi is a plus, although not required.
Please send a copy of your resume, cover letter and a sample of your work in one PDF file format under 3MBs to email
, anything over 3MBs will not be reviewed and automatically deleted.
03/08/2015 :: Junior Architect
MKDA is a dynamic 50-person corporate interior design firm headquartered in New York City with offices in Stamford, CT and Miami, FL. Since 1959, MKDA has specialized in the workplace environment, providing design services to corporations, commercial building owners, non-profits and government agencies.
The New York studio of MKDA is currently seeking a motivated, technically strong and creative project architect with excellent verbal and written communication skills and three to five (3-5) years of architectural experience in corporate interiors.
Responsibilities will include assisting the Account Executive and Job Captain on project work that includes creating construction documents; general drafting and detailing; construction administration and shop drawing review; field surveys and reports, etc.
Candidates must have either a B.Arch or M.Arch degree and a minimum of five years of experience as well as strong organization, team building and relationship management skills. Must be skilled in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite. Adobe Creative Suite and Revit experience a plus.
Salary commensurate with the education, professional experience and demonstrated knowledge. Equal-opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format to email
with "Junior Architect - NY" in the subject line.
03/08/2015 :: Architect
UXUS is a leading global strategic design consultancy delivering innovative consumer experiences for top multi-national brands. UXUS specialises in retail, hospitality, packaging and branding design. Clients include Chanel, Donna Karan, Qatar Luxury Group, Bloomingdales, Selfridges, John Lewis, Tate Modern, P&G, Absolut, Heineken, McDonald's and many other valued clients. We have an entrepreneurial team environment, where individuals’ innovative ideas and initiative are rewarded.
We are looking for an Architect / Master Planner to join its Amsterdam office.
- The candidate should be an experienced hands-on architect with experience designing shopping mall, airport or department store interiors.
- The candidate should be able to work independently and guide, manage and coach other professionals.
- Depending on the project, the scope of work may range from initial concept to various phases including: schematic design, design development and construction documents (sometimes including bidding and construction follow-up).
- The candidate should have good design skills and understand construction principles, with a focus on interior detailing.
- Experience in the retail and/or restaurant/hospitality sector is required, including fixture design and prototyping as well as experience in designing floor plans, custom furniture, specifying FF&E, materials and colours.
- Professional degree in Architecture, Masterplanning, Design or in a relevant field.
- Eight years plus of proven experience in all phases of design process: conceptual, detail and design.
- Development, construction documents, construction administration and site supervision.
- Excellent AutoCAD, Rhinoceros 3D and Adobe Suite skills.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Other languages a plus.
- Highly developed skills in client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, building design.
- Technical detailing, consultant coordination, construction administration.
- Knowledge of finishes, materials, packages and details.
- Experience coordinating design with other consultants.
- Experience of FF&E selection, coordination and scheduling.
- A working knowledge of building systems, regulations and construction methods.
- Good time management skills to meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience working on international projects and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is required.
- Experience in retail and/or restaurant/hospitality sector.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Articulate, assertive, self-motivated enthusiastic individual.
- No 9 to 5 mentality.
- Experience using both metric and imperial (US/UK) measurements.
Please send your CV to email
03/08/2015 :: Hotel Interior Designer
Design Search Associates serves as a strategic advisor to leading architecture and design firms seeking exceptional talent. Currently we are filling the following leadership opportunities and invite you to consider submitting your resume and qualifications.
- Extensive experience and ability in the use of AutoCad, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Extensive experience and ability in interior design and, graphic design concepts such as, but not limited to hand sketch case work, vignette scenes, hand coloring, rendering interior drawings, area take offs and shop drawings.
- Extensive proficiency and understanding of FFE Quantity Matrices.
- Extensive proficiency and understanding of imperial and metric measuring and drawing.
- The ability and experience in independently designing major areas within the hotel and or commercial interior design project arena and have skills for multi management of projects.
- Extensive proficiency and understanding in creating profiles and construction interior details, including millwork and casework.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable in interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff.
- The ability to coordinate, delegate, give feedback, and mentor subordinates regarding their work and professional development.
- The ability to take on a leadership role with subordinates and project team.
- The ability to understand and implement complex concepts, practices, and procedures within the interior design field.
- Extensive knowledge of translating design concepts into building assemblies.
- Interior space planning.
- Imagery identification.
- Furnishing layouts.
- Freehand sketches / detailing.
- Furnishing, color & material boards.
- Product resource and research for specifications.
- Rendered plans and elevations.
- Cost Estimating.
- Coordinates project teamwork with staff and related consultants.
- Furniture, Fixtures & Accessories specifications.
- Shop Drawing review.
- Client presentation skills.
- Construction administration for interior detailing.
- Construction administration for Furniture Fixtures & Accessories.
- Purchase order review.
- Familiar with hotel design programs, operators design standards and general rules of thumb.
Only fully qualified candidates need apply. Please forward your resume and portfolio to email
. Please indicate the position and location in the subject line of your email.
03/08/2015 :: Junior Architect
Hughes Group Architects is currently seeking a Junior Architect with 1-3 years experience in the Sterling, Virginia office. Hughes Group Architects is a an awarding winning mid-size Architectural firm that is expanding and looking for candidates with a passion for high quality design, an eagerness to learn, and a strong, positive and collaborative work ethic.
- Assist in preparation of design, construction, and presentation documents.
- Provide assistance to project teams throughout varied phases of a project.
- Performing initial materials and product research and selection.
- Occasional travel to project/client locations.
- Participate in team discussions on technical and other project related issues.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Architecture from an accredited university.
- United States citizenship & residency required.
- 1-3 years experience.
- Revit proficiency is highly preferred.
- Experience with Sketchup and Photoshop desired.
Please send cover letter, resume, and work samples (not to exceed 5mb in size) to email