22/12/2014 :: Junior Architect
Junior Architect with minimum 2-3 years of work experience. Excellent drawing & communication skills, direct experience working on construction documents for single-family residential projects, BArch or MArch degree, and fluency in English are required. Vectorworks experience is a plus.
Submit resume with three references and work samples on a single PDF, max 6MB, to email
. No phone calls, please.
22/12/2014 :: Mid-level Interior Designer
Recent recipients of the Smithsonian Cooper Hewitt National Design Award, Roman and Williams, is an architectural and interior design firm located in Noho. Recognized for projects that include The Dutch and Lafayette with Andrew Carmenlini, the Freehand Hotel in Miami, and the thirty story Viceroy Hotel and Roof Bar in New York. Each Roman and Williams project demonstrates a comprehensive design vision, marking each work as a unique user experience. Roman and Williams is currently engaged in an international roster of projects in the cultural, institutional, hospitality, retail and residential spheres.
Our office is seeking a Mid-Level Interior Designer with 5-10 years professional experience to work in a design and project management position. At Roman and Williams, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to executing thoughtful projects with beauty and user experience as our main objectives.
The ideal applicant should be familiar with our recently completed projects, which portray our specific design ethos and techniques. We seek designers who have an interest in traditional architecture forms and construction techniques as well as materials new, old, and re-defined.
The position involves contributing to the production and coordination of projects from design concept through completion of installation. Applicants should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, proficient in AutoCAD and Adobe CS and demonstrate a strong ability in the following:
- Project management.
- Materials sourcing and specification.
- Furniture sourcing.
- Custom furniture design.
- Graphics and visual presentation.
- Specification writing.
- Visual Research.
- Hospitality experience is a plus.
Applicant should be organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to take on a variety of tasks. Strong verbal and written communications skills, time management and the ability to multi-task will be required.
Please note the following for the application process:
- Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio/work samples to email
. Please title your email: '(your name) – Mid-Level FF&E/Interior Designer'.
- Please copy your cover letter into the body of the email.
- Please attach your resume and work sample documents in PDF format only.
- Emails addressed to the Principals of the company will not be answered.
Roman and Williams Buildings and Interiors, www.romanandwilliams.com
22/12/2014 :: Design Architect
Design-led Central London practice seeks.
Design Architect (2 years' post Part III min), salary negotiable to join our growing team of architects and assistants.
Candidates should have:
- Excellent design and presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working with and leading a close knit team.
- Experience of private & commercial residential and education sectors;experience of dealing with private clients.
- Experience in negotiating with planning and building regulations authorities to deliver extraordinary results.
- Expert technical knowledge with an eye for detail.
- Extensive on site experience, including contract administration.
- A confident and engaging personality coupled with a practical approach to the delivery of a range of projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, with 3D skills an advantage.
If you fill these requirements, please forward a copy of your CV and examples of your work marked for the attention of Huw Burgess with the words ‘OPEN JOB 1412’ in the subject line to email
22/12/2014 :: Senior Design Architect
RRP International Hospital Planners Pte Ltd is providing highly sophisticated hospital building, planning and design for international markets. We are expanding and looking for Design Architects, Senior Design Architects, Site Managers and CAD Draftsmen to join our dynamic teams for the following positions.
Our aim is to become one of the leading hospital design teams in the world and we are looking for interested and dynamic candidates, kindly send to email
stating the job number and the following details:
- Cover Letter.
- Resume with 3 references.
- University certificate and grades.
- Availability and related work experiences.
- Current/last drawn salaries.
- Expected salary.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Senior Design Architect for a position in the Caribbean Islands (Job No. 2014-25)
- Ability to contribute to the creative process during conceptual design, schematic design and design development.
- Systematic thinkers that can create and adapt computer modeled or hand-drawn designs for buildings and everyday objects.
- Proficiency in 3D rendering, AutoCAD, and other graphic arts software to produce designs.
- Know the building code and construction documentation processes in order to properly create designs. NHS (HTM) hospital planning experience is mandatory.
- Supervise construction sites to confirm that the construction is on track and need good people skills in order to effectively supervise sites.
- Coordinate construction projects, leading consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and design team members.
- Assist Directors in the pre-design phase to generate designs.
- Assist team in developing and implementing design concepts for both interior and building projects.
- Mentor younger staff to develop their design skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Willing to travel and work abroad.
Desired skills and experience:
- Degree in Architecture from a local university or university accredited with the Board of Architects.
- Preferably registered with the Board of Architects Singapore (BOA) or other countries.
- Min 5 years of working experience for Senior Design Architect.
- Hospital and Healthcare experience will be of strong advantage.
- Design competency will be advantageous.
- Good in design, planning, project management and site experience.
- Sound knowledge of CAD software, 3D software and powerpoint presentation.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skill.
- Team player and ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent English (German and Chinese languages will be of advantage).
22/12/2014 :: Architect
Shubin + Donaldson Architects in Santa Barbara is seeking a motivated Architect with 7-10 years of experience in publication-quality commercial and residential projects as an addition to our team. S+D is currently undertaking a diverse range of new projects, including ground-up construction, commercial renovations, creative workplaces, and custom residences.
Candidates must have demonstrated proficiency in conceptual design, design presentation, and construction documentation. We are seeking a talented individual with the ability to work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a project team. Strong organizational and communication skills are essential. Proficiency with developing construction documents and experience in Revit and are required. AutoCAD skills are required as well. Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture. Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or have permanent residence status.
About S+D Architects:
Shubin + Donaldson is a growing, award-winning design practice, staffed by 40 architects and designers, plus support personnel. Current work includes a diverse listing of commercial projects ranging from entertainment-business studios, creative offices, and retail stores, to community centers and custom residences.
Medical, dental, and long term disability insurance is offered to full-time, permanent employees. S+D pays 100% of the insurance! We also offer the opportunity to contribute to our 401k matching plan.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements may send their resume and selected work samples with "Santa Barbara Architect" in the subject line to email
. Please send PDF-format files only, 5MB maximum. No phone calls will be accepted.
Shubin + Donaldson Architects, Inc., www.shubinanddonaldson.com